Event Jekyll Theme
Event Jekyll Theme is a theme that is designed to be used for conference and event purposes. The index page is a modification and built on top of Agency Jekyll Theme. Unlike most Jekyll Themes, Event Jekyll Theme is not meant to be a single page theme. This theme is a package that you can use for your organization’s event as it come with almost everything you need. I reorganized all the files to make sure that you can easily reuse the same template each year, assuming that you event is once a year.
Big thanks to the creator of Agency as this theme would not be possible without their hard work! You are always welcome to contribute to this repository to make it better!
- Event’s title, location, and date
- Welcoming remark section with video
- Speaker’s profile
- About section with options to navigate to subpages
- Event Sponsors
- Contact Us page
- Table with time and event title columns
- Speaker’s name is hilighted in different color and speaker’s position/title is in italic.
Team’s Profile Page
Two different design:
- profile picture with name and email
- user profile with picture, title, position, and profile
- Google Map (need to replace it with your own API key)
- Just a typical FAQs page
Mission, Vision, and Objectives Page
- Sections to talk about mission, vision, objectives, and history about your event
- A page to redirect to a sign up page
- Google Analytics built in (replace
UA-xxxxxxxx-x with your personal analytics verification key in
- SEO (check
- Customized 404 Page Not Found Page
- Designed to be futureproof as you can create a subpages for each year (eg. your-link.github.io/2015, your-link.github.io/2016, etc)
- Header with your icon logo defined, but removed from source.
- Website logo in SVG defined, but removed from source.
- Display PDF from Google Drive
- For first time user, you have to install Ruby and Rails. If you do no thave Ruby on Rails installed, you may follow this tutorial that I wrote for Windows, Linux, and MacOS (installation videos are included).
- Install Jekyll by using the command
gem install jekyll.
- Then, install Jekyll Sitemap and Jekyll SEO gems by using the commnad
gem install jekyll-sitemap and
gem install jekyll-seo-tag.
- Start your localhost server by using the command
jekyll serve. Make sure that you are at the root directory of your folder before using this command.
- Your site should be accessible at
- For additional information about Jekyll, refer to the official website.
How To Use
- The main stylesheet is stored
/css/2016_style/img you will find where the pictures in
/2016 are stored at. You will find the images of all related posts in
/css/2017_style/img. This setup is to ensure that we are easily to move from year to year by creating new folders.
_2017_pages are the folders that store subpages.
_2017_data are the folders that store each sections in home page. Those sections are can be removed by removing the
include code in
_2017_speakers contain speakers’ profile. They’re written in markdown style.
_2017_teams contains each team member’s profile. They’re written in markdown style.
- In order to view PDF correctly, sharing setting in Google Drive must set to “Public on the web”.